From wayfinding and signage to environmental graphics, we bring experiential design into the built environment.
Branding, culture, and the arts—these are the foundation of our company. As such, creativity and imagination remain our core strength in our approach to signage and environmental graphics projects.
Doubtless, we make wayfinding our priority as clear directional information is instrumental to the process of understanding and connects people to their destinations with ease, creating a welcoming experience.
But we also take things one level further to help our clients benefit even more.
Today many clients understand the value and importance that brand integration brings to an environment. We help them fuse signs, art, moving images, communication, and technology to create visually stimulating environments that reinforce brand identity, create engaging experiences, and connect with audiences in profound ways.
Wayfinding is the foundation of every signage programme.
Information is a product with inherent qualities; low-quality information causes user stress and confusion, while high-quality information supports the smooth flow of communication and the process of understanding.
We plot user experience journeys, solving many wayfinding problems in a wide range of projects, from a city-wide signage programme to sign systems for a cluster of interlinked buildings.
We follow international best practices.
- Wayfinding is more than a collection of signs—it is the integration of signs, views, pathways, and architecture into a legible system that works by day and night.
- Supports all users, their arrival, and the purpose of their trip.
- Recognises the growing aging population with eyesight or orientation problems.
- Typographic clarity for two (or more) languages.
- Embraces new technology for advanced sign functionality.
- Enhances safety.
- Establishes a visual identity for a signage system that is expressive and appropriate to the “Place” e.g. premium or historical and cultural appropriateness, etc.; or a corporate design that aligns with the aspirations of a brand.
- Good design goes beyond today’s trend and does not look dated after five years or more.
- The sign system can incorporate elements that inform, educate, inspire or entertain, giving the system a humanistic approach and a deeper engagement with its audience.
- Examples: Our projects for Atria Shopping Gallery and Wisma Perkasa
- Our associate for larger-scale or prestigious international signage projects is Michel de Boer, MdB Associates.